June 4, 2020
Better Together Series
Episode 3: Security with Veeam
Next Dimension and Veeam dove into highlights of what makes Veeam such a secure backup and recovery solution during episode 3 of our Better Together Coffee Series. This informative webinar highlighted the importance of both a secure backup and a safe and rapid recovery. Next Dimension hosted a Better Together Coffee Series; a number of short and informative early morning webinars focusing on how to leverage Veeam and their v10 upgrade to better improve performance and protection within your organization.
Below are some of the comments and insights that were shared via twitter during our Better Together Coffee Series focused on Security:
- Create a Recovery Plan; who to call for help, what restore options to choose, and validation to secure the restore is safe!
- Choose an air-gapped storage method such as tape, replicated VMs, primary storage snapshots, or Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Within the Veeam environment, everything can be encrypted from beginning to end.
- Veeam offers incremental backups monitoring space and usage. Spikes in usage can indicate a breach.
- Document your Recovery Plan and test it regularly. What are your fail-over procedures?
- A great way to understand the viability of your security is to simulate a ransomware attack. Our partner KnowBe4 performs simulations just like this.
That was a lot of ground to cover in just 30 minutes! There are many other topics to discuss in the rest of the series including Veeam v10 launch features, reliability, how Veeam helps modern data center break free from legacy solutions, and security – hardening your data protection infrastructure against threats. We’ll also discuss resource planning and workload mobility. Access the entire Better Together Coffee Series with Next Dimension and Veeam.